- Do not work on cable glands or open the motor casing; these works are reserved to Caprari authorised workshops.
- The operating characteristics of these machines must comply with the characteristics specified in the nameplate and in the attached EX certificate.
- Minimum head is at the top of the electric motor for S1 machines and on pump casing for electric pumps intended for intermittent duty S3
- The temperature sensors must be connected to electric pump control equipment. The temperature sensor tripping must cut the electric pump power supply. Reset must not be automatic, but should be possible only after inspection by qualified staff.
- No change to the machines or replacement of parts of the electric motors is allowed. It is allowed to only replace wet end parts with identical genuine parts (same part number or same code on the part) in case of normal wear and tear. Any service other than ordinary maintenance can only be carried out by Caprari S.p.A.
- The optional use of the conductivity sensor installed in the motor casing is conditioned on the use of a control device installed in the control panel and compliant with potentially explosive environment requirements.”
- Activate all possible measures to prevent the following malfunctions as they could cause and trigger an explosion:
operation with no fluid in the pump or zero flow rate: arrange suitable direct control devices with manual reset on the control panel
failure of pump shaft bearings: in case of an increase in vibration and/or noise in operation, stop the pump and send it to a Caprari authorised workshopOperation with inverter/converter:use of this kind of electronic equipment for control and adjustment must be carefully designed to make sure it does not generate any electromagnetic noise or induced current that would reduce the safety standard required by the ATEX class of the area where equipment is operating. The following conditions must always be complied with
- mandatory use of inverters by Danfoss, series VLT FC202 or more recent Danfoss models having enhanced performance and characteristics; use of corresponding models from other brands must be authorised by Caprari S.p.A.;
- mandatory setting for the internal switching frequency of the inverter at maximum 4kHz or at the lowest frequency allowed by the inverter;
- mandatory installation on the inverter of suitable filters for reducing the [dv/dt], in-between inverter and motor;
- mandatory use of the inverter only within 35-60 Hz modulation range.
Max. standard ambient temperature is 40°C; on request, after Caprari S.p.A. checks, a maximum ambient temperature up to 60°C may be accepted, and this temperature will be indicated on electric pump nameplate.